Aurora, Scottish Dance & Music is committed to equal opportunities policy and practice and will ensure that all members and participants in any activities organised by Aurora are treated equally and as individuals regardless of age, disability, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital or parental status, political belief, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Aurora recognises that for such an equal opportunities policy to be effective, it must encompass all areas of its activities;
- Aurora will ensure that membership of the group is open to all persons interested in the purposes of the group regardless of ability;
- Aurora will aim to ensure that the Aurora Committee is representative of the Society;
- Aurora will strive to ensure that activities organised by Aurora are accessible to as wide a range of the public as possible and will take steps to remove barriers which may prevent potential audience, participants and members from having equal access to the group’s activities;
- The Aurora Committee will be responsible for ensuring that this Equal Opportunities Policy is properly implemented, monitored and reviewed.